The Plitvice Lakes National Park was included in UNESCO’s World Heritage List in 1979, as a “natural phenomenon of rare and unique beauty”.
It was founded in 1949 as Croatia’s first national park, to protect breath-taking natural beauty – a phenomenon of karst hydro-geology.
A series of 16 lakes, constantly changing colour from turquoise to green, grey or blue, was created by a natural process of travertine barriers deposition, and now form part of a superb symphony of lakes, waterfalls and surrounding woods with wildlife.
Visitors can experience this rare phenomenon of water and karst by walking the eight-kilometre long trails and wooden bridges or by taking a ride by boat or electric train. The National Park sightseeing tour lasts for about three and a half hours, after which you will enjoy a delicious lunch at the local restaurant.
- Professional guide
- National Park entrance ticket
- Extras for personal interests
- Snacks and refreshment
- 07:00 – Check-in and boarding the ship Prince of Venice from the port of Poreč
- 07:30 – Departure for Venice
- 10:00 – Arrival in the Venetian Lagoon
- 10:30 – Disembarkation and passport control
- 11:00 – Free time for sightseeing and leisure activities in Venice
- 16:00 – Meeting for return, passport control and embarkation
- 16:30 – Departure towards Istria
- 20:00 – Arrival to the port of Poreč
- The exact departure time is written on the voucher.